Rakshasa Baka was a bully who terrorized the people of Ekachakra. The people of #Ekachakra were ruled by an incompetent King who did nothing to keep them safe. #Baka volunteered to provide the people with protection from invaders and enemies; however, in exchange he demanded that the people of Ekachakra take turns to provide him with payment, which, unfortunately included eating the person who delivered it to him. The #Pandavas made Ekachakra their temporary home while in hiding. When the truth about Baka became known to them, they decided that it was their duty to protect innocent people and #Bhima was tasked with slaying the rakshasa Baka.
Listen to the story of:
- Pandavas’ journey to Ekachakra.
- Baka’s demands in exchange for protection for the people of Ekachakra
- The conundrum of the brahmana who hosted the Pandavas
- Kunti’s offer to help the kind brahmana and his family
- The slaying of Baka by Bhima
#mahabharata #ancientindia #heroes #podcastrecommendation #newpodcastalert
Email your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Podcast website: https://storiesofindiaretold.podbean.com